Applications close 24 March 2016
Are you passionate about the languages you are learning? Are you keen to share this passion with other learners? Do you spend more of your time than you care to admit on social media?
At Radio Lingua we produce some of the world’s most popular online language courses including the award-winning Coffee Break Spanish and French, serving millions of language learners around the world. We have recently introduced German and Italian courses and would like to build our learning community on social platforms by extending our current French and Spanish coverage to include German and Italian.
We are seeking talented interns who have excellent communication skills in both English and either German or Italian. A high level of a third language is desirable. Our ideal candidate is someone who understands the power of social media and is creative and thoughtful when interacting with online communities and building relationships.
What you will learn:
- How a small Scottish-based languages company reaches an international audience.
- Creation of compelling, short-form learning content for publication through various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Interaction with our online learning community.
- Tracking of social media analytics using HootSuite and other tools, and the reporting of results and new ideas to our team.
- Additional opportunities in related projects.
What we need:
- Native speaker of English or equivalent with highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Professional fluency in German or Italian, with a second foreign language desirable.
- Organisational skills, with an ability to meet deadlines and handle priorities.
- Creative and flexible.
- Familiarity with social networking sites desired, but we will provide additional training.
- Interest in working in the field of languages education.
We very much want to ensure that you gain a valuable learning experience that fits your career goals. You will develop a sound knowledge of social media within a business environment and you will have the opportunity to put your language skills to work in a professional setting.
The position begins 1st April 2016 and ends 31st August 2016. You are expected to work initially 8 hours a week, but this may be extended to a maximum of 15 hours per week from June until August. The majority of work will be done remotely and you will communicate with our team via Slack messaging. In addition you will attend regular team meetings in Glasgow or Ayr approximately 1-2 hours per week. Although this is an unpaid internship, all necessary expenses will be covered.
To apply please complete your application by clicking here.