In the past few days Apple has released a major update for iOS and there have been some reports of the Podcasts app crashing on first launch. Since we recommend the Apple Podcasts app as the best way to access both our free and premium podcasts, we would suggest that listeners hold off from updating their iPods, iPhones and iPads. We’ll keep an eye on the developments and reports on the Podcasts app in the coming days and weeks and will update this notice as soon as possible.
If you’ve already updated your iOS device and have experienced this problem, some users are suggesting the following procedure:
- Go to Settings > Podcast and turn off Cellular data and Custom colors.
- Double tap the home button and close all apps.
- Put your phone in Airplane Mode and make sure wifi is turned off.
- Turn off your device and turn it on again.
- When your device shows the lock screen, unlock it and open Podcasts app.
- Podcasts app should launch correctly.
- You can now leave Airplane Mode and refresh the podcast list and if you wish turn on Cellular data and Custom colors from Settings.
We hope that this helps.