Welcome to the Coffee Break French Verb Fix – your weekly fix of the award-winning language course from the Radio Lingua Network in which we’ll help you master your French verbs and improve your spoken and written French in the process.
In this lesson we’re looking at the verb finir meaning “to finish” or “to end”. Finir is an example of a regular -ir verb. This means that with this lesson not only will you learn to conjugate finir in the present, perfect, imperfect and future tenses, you’ll also learn to conjugate hundreds of other regular -ir verbs!
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of the Coffee Break French Verb Fix.
Use the audio player above to listen to the lesson, or make sure you’re subscribed to Coffee Break French in iTunes to receive this lesson and all future lessons automatically.
More tenses, exercises and bonus materials?
The premium version of The Coffee Break French Verb Fix provides additional materials which will help you build your knowledge of French verbs more effectively with your mastery of French verbs. The premium version is in the form of downloadable pdf lesson notes which include the following additional elements:
- Verb tables: each verb is listed in the four tenses covered in the main lesson (present, perfect, imperfect and conditional) so that you can see the written form of the verbs and learn the structures and patterns more effectively;
- Bonus verb tables: in addition to the main tenses we’ve also included the conjugations for the conditional, present subjunctive, past historic, pluperfect, future perfect and conditional perfect tenses;
- Exercises: test your understanding with our translation quizzes – full answer key provided!
- Bonus Audio: don’t want to listen to the whole show again? We’ve included the “Big Four” audio which extracts just the four main tenses of each verb in the members’ version.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below.
- Season 1: Lessons 1-10
£11.00 GBP inc VAT / approx $14.00 USD ex VAT for non EU customers)
- Multitouch iBooks version for iPad
If you’re using an iPad, the best way to access the Verb Fix is through our multitouch iBook
Please note – if you’re already subscribed to Coffee Break French then you’ll receive the Verb Fix automatically – you don’t need to do anything! If you’re not already subscribed to Coffee Break French you can use the links below: