This week on News Time Spanish :
- The UN reiterates its aims in the battle against HIV/AIDS in Africa on the occasion of World AIDS day
- A wall collapses in the Italian historical centre of Pompeii
- State of emergency declared in Spain following a strike by air traffic controllers
- Russia succeeds in its bid to host the 2018 football World Cup
- Picasso treasures discovered in an unlikely private collection
Use the player below to listen to the episode. You can also subscribe in iTunes to get all future shows delivered automatically as soon as they become available. The entire season of News Time Spanish is available in a premium format which provides lesson notes, vocabulary and exercises for each episode, and for iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad users there is an ePub version compatible with the iBooks application. If you would like to benefit further from these materials, you can purchase a season pass for this season of News Time Spanish: 10 weekly episodes beginning 20 October 2010. More information can be found on the News Time Spanish product page.
[amprotect=126]Premium members of News Time Spanish Season 2 can access the full transcript of the episode and key vocabulary using the links below. Our lesson guide also contains exercises and we provide answers and suggested translations in the Answer Key. If you found the normal speed version of the audio content a bit too fast, try listening to the slow version which has been electronically reduced to 80% speed.