In this special lesson of Coffee Break German, we’re challenging you to identify five personalities by using the German skills you’ve acquired in the courses so far. Listen to the show, enter our competition, and you could win an iPad mini! See below for full terms and conditions of the competition. If you’re ready to enter the competition, click here for the entry form.
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of Coffee Break German. In addition we do offer a members’ version of the course which includes video flashcards, lesson notes and bonus audio materials. If you would like to find out more about the member’s version of the course, we’ve made a video to explain everything. Click here to find out more.
Use the audio players below to listen to the lesson, or subscribe in iTunes to receive this lesson and all future lessons automatically.
Terms and Conditions
- This competition is organised by Radio Lingua Ltd.
- Employees of Radio Lingua Ltd or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- Details on how to enter the competition are listed on this page.
- The closing date for entry will be Sunday 22nd December at 23:59 UK time. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The prize for this competition will be one iPad mini 16gb wifi only.
- Radio Lingua Ltd reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside Radio Lingua Ltd’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified on the Radio Lingua site as soon as possible.
- Radio Lingua Ltd is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by and third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be chosen at random on Monday 23rd December.
- The winner will be notified by email on Monday 23rd December. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- Radio Lingua Ltd. will notify the winner of how the prize will be delivered.
- Radio Lingua Ltd’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Scottish law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
Accessing the Premium Version
The premium version of Coffee Break German provides additional materials which will help you move forward more effectively with your German studies. The premium version includes the following elements:
- Video flashcards: listen to each lesson and see the words and phrases covered in the lesson displayed on the screen of your computer, phone or tablet (mp4 format);
- Bonus audio materials: use our review lessons to practise the language covered in the main lesson, and to pick up some useful bonus vocabulary;
- Comprehensive lesson notes: study the language of each lesson in greater detail and access additional information about the German language.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below. Please note that the lessons are published over the next year (2013) and you will have access to the materials as soon as they are published. Think of this as a “Season Pass”.
- Season 1B: Lessons 21-40
£47.00 GBP inc VAT / approx $67 USD ex VAT for non-EU customers)
- Season 1 Complete: Lessons 1-40
£79.00 GBP inc VAT / approx $112 USD ex VAT for non-Eu customers)
Coffee Break German Study Packs for the iPad
Coffee Break German Study Packs are now available on the iBookstore. These books feature the audio, video and text of the members’ materials in a handy iBooks version. The Study Packs are published in groups of five lessons and are published normally 2-3 weeks after the lessons are published on our site. To see which Study Packs are currently available, please visit Coffee Break German on the iBookstore.