In this new lesson in our series you’ll learn to talk about likes and dislikes in German. Coffee Break German comes to you from the Radio Lingua Network. In weekly episodes you’ll join native speaker Thomas who’ll be teaching learner Mark in gradual, structured lessons. The episodes also feature Kirsten, our Grammar Guru, and Julia, our Cultural Correspondent.
Coming up in this lesson…
In this lesson you will learn:
- how to say what you like and what you don’t like in German;
- how to talk about what you like doing;
- how to use the verb gefallen;
- how to use the word gern to talk about what you like doing;
- about some famous German language film.
Listen to the lesson
Accessing the Premium Version
The premium version of Coffee Break German provides additional materials which will help you move forward more effectively with your German studies. The premium version includes the following elements:
- Video flashcards: listen to each lesson and see the words and phrases covered in the lesson displayed on the screen of your computer, phone or tablet (mp4 format);
- Bonus audio materials: use our review lessons to practise the language covered in the main lesson, and to pick up some useful bonus vocabulary;
- Comprehensive lesson notes: study the language of each lesson in greater detail and access additional information about the German language.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below. Please note that the lessons are published over the next year (2013) and you will have access to the materials as soon as they are published. Think of this as a “Season Pass”.
- Season 1B: Lessons 21-40
£47.00 GBP inc VAT / approx $67 USD ex VAT for non-EU customers)
- Season 1 Complete: Lessons 1-40
£79.00 GBP inc VAT / approx $112 USD ex VAT for non-Eu customers)
Coffee Break German Study Packs for the iPad
Coffee Break German Study Packs are now available on the iBookstore. These books feature the audio, video and text of the members’ materials in a handy iBooks version. The Study Packs are published in groups of five lessons and are published normally 2-3 weeks after the lessons are published on our site. To see which Study Packs are currently available, please visit Coffee Break German on the iBookstore.