In this latest episode of Coffee Break German you’ll continue learning to deal with public transport in German. Coffee Break German comes to you from the Radio Lingua Network. In weekly episodes you’ll join native speaker Thomas who’ll be teaching learner Mark in gradual, structured lessons. The episodes also feature Kirsten, our Grammar Guru, and Julia, our Cultural Correspondent.
Coming up in this lesson…
In this lesson you’ll learn:
- to talk about train/bus arrival and departure times;
- to ask when buses and trains arrive and depart;
- to ask for single/return tickets and specify more information about the tickets you want to buy;
- about the German concept of Pünktlichkeit, both in the context of public transport and the German psyche;
- about Mitfahrgelegenheit and how it could help you to travel more cheaply around Germany;
- how to use separable verbs.
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of Coffee Break German. In addition we do offer a members’ version of the course which includes video flashcards, lesson notes and bonus audio materials. If you would like to find out more about the member’s version of the course, we’ve made a video to explain everything. Click here to find out more.
Use the audio players below to listen to the lesson, or subscribe in iTunes to receive this lesson and all future lessons automatically.
Accessing the Premium Version
The premium version of Coffee Break German provides additional materials which will help you move forward more effectively with your German studies. The premium version includes the following elements:
- Video flashcards: listen to each lesson and see the words and phrases covered in the lesson displayed on the screen of your computer, phone or tablet (mp4 format);
- Bonus audio materials: use our review lessons to practise the language covered in the main lesson, and to pick up some useful bonus vocabulary;
- Comprehensive lesson notes: study the language of each lesson in greater detail and access additional information about the German language.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below. Please note that the lessons are published over the next year (2013) and you will have access to the materials as soon as they are published. Think of this as a “Season Pass”.
If you’d like to find out more about the Coffee Break German members’ version, please watch this video which should explain everything.
Coffee Break German Study Packs for the iPad
Coffee Break German Study Packs are now available on the iBookstore. These books feature the audio, video and text of the members’ materials in a handy iBooks version. The Study Packs are published in groups of five lessons and are published normally 2-3 weeks after the lessons are published on our site. To see which Study Packs are currently available, please visit Coffee Break German on the iBookstore.