It’s time for another episode of Coffee Break German. In this week’s show, you’ll learn how to introduce members of your family to your new-found German-speaking friends. Coffee Break Geramn In weekly episodes you’ll join native speaker Thomas who’ll be teaching learner Mark in gradual, structured lessons. This episode features a special input from our “Grammar Guru” Kirsten who will explain how gender works in the German language.
Coming up in this lesson…
In this lesson you’ll be learning how to introduce members of your family. You’ll learn:
- the words for different members of your family;
- how to introduce members of your family in German;
- how the gender of nouns works in German;
- the word for “the”, depending on the gender of nouns;
- how to say “my” for masculine and feminine nouns;
- how to say “he/she is called…”
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of Coffee Break German. In addition we do offer a members’ version of the course which includes video flashcards, lesson notes and bonus audio materials. If you would like to find out more about the member’s version of the course, we’ve made a video to explain everything. Click here to find out more.
Use the audio players below to listen to the lesson, or subscribe in iTunes to receive this lesson and all future lessons automatically.
Accessing the Premium Version
The premium version of Coffee Break German provides additional materials which will help you move forward more effectively with your German studies. The premium version includes the following elements:
- Video flashcards: listen to each lesson and see the words and phrases covered in the lesson displayed on the screen of your computer, phone or tablet (mp4 format);
- Bonus audio materials: use our review lessons to practise the language covered in the main lesson, and to pick up some useful bonus vocabulary;
- Comprehensive lesson notes: study the language of each lesson in greater detail and access additional information about the German language.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below. Please note that the lessons are published over the next year (2013) and you will have access to the materials as soon as they are published. Think of this as a “Season Pass”.
If you’d like to find out more about the Coffee Break German members’ version, please watch this video which should explain everything.