Welcome to a new episode of Coffee Break German, our new course for beginners in German. In weekly episodes you’ll join native speaker Thomas who’ll be teaching learner Mark in gradual, structured lessons. Our “Cultural Correspondent” Julia and our “Grammar Guru” Kirsten will also join us in each episode to share their knowledge and love of all things German.
Coming up in this lesson…
In this lesson you’ll be moving on to talk about where you come from. You’ll learn:
- how to ask the question “where do you come from?”;
- how to answer this question and the names for a number of countries;
- the difference between the “du” and “Sie” forms in German and what happens to verbs when you change the form;
- how to greet people in different parts of the German-speaking world.
Listen to the lesson
This audio lesson is free, as are all the main audio lessons of Coffee Break German. In addition we do offer a members’ version of the course which includes video flashcards, lesson notes and bonus audio materials. If you would like to find out more about the member’s version of the course, we’ve made a video to explain everything. Click here to find out more.
Use the audio players below to listen to the lesson, or subscribe in iTunes to receive this lesson and all future lessons automatically.
Accessing the Premium Version
The premium version of Coffee Break German provides additional materials which will help you move forward more effectively with your German studies. The premium version includes the following elements:
- Video flashcards: listen to each lesson and see the words and phrases covered in the lesson displayed on the screen of your computer, phone or tablet (mp4 format);
- Bonus audio materials: use our review lessons to practise the language covered in the main lesson, and to pick up some useful bonus vocabulary;
- Comprehensive lesson notes: study the language of each lesson in greater detail and access additional information about the German language.
The members’ version can be accessed through our membership system. You can purchase the course using the links below. Please note that the lessons are published over the next year (2013) and you will have access to the materials as soon as they are published. Think of this as a “Season Pass”.
If you’d like to find out more about the Coffee Break German members’ version, please watch this video which should explain everything.