[Updated, 1st March 22:00]
It’s 29th February and as we all know, this day only comes round once every four years. Tradition has it that the normal rules don’t necessarily apply today. Hundreds of years ago this day was not officially recognised by English law: it was “leapt over” and had no legal status, so a break in tradition was acceptable.
Some of our female listeners may taking advantage of this break in tradition to propose to the man they want to marry, but we’ve decided to break our own rules a little and offer a 29% discount on all courses purchased on the Radio Lingua site for one day only. Well, not exactly one day – we’ll make it two days, until the end of the day on 1st March on 2nd March, just to make sure everyone in every part of the world has the opportunity to purchase while it’s still 29th February wherever you are!
If you’ve previously purchased a membership or product from us, log into your Control Panel and add the relevant product from the drop down menu. Enter 29FEB12 in the “coupon code” box.
If you’ve not purchased an item from us before, you can view our full range of products here, or visit the appropriate store front for Coffee Break French, Coffee Break Spanish, Show Time Spanish, or One Minute Languages. When you complete the form, make sure you enter 29FEB12 in the coupon code area at the bottom of the signup page.
Update: Wednesday 29th February, 16:30 GMT
We’ve been experiencing a huge surge in traffic today as people have been checking out our one-day sale. Any sale day would normally result in lots of traffic but today traffic seems to be particularly high. We’re delighted that so many of you are interested in finding out about what we have on offer. However, this has affected the speed of the site and things are going slowly. If you’ve just purchased, perhaps you’d consider not downloading all the content for your product immediately – instead just download a few of the first episodes you require and collect the rest later in the week when things are back to normal. We’ll monitor this carefully over the next few hours and we will extend the sale if necessary to ensure that no-one misses out on using the coupon code as a result of problems. Apologies to everyone for the inconvenience.
Update: Thursday 1st March, 00:15 GMT
The traffic spikes have continued this evening and we’re continuing to monitor the server. We assume that over the next 12-24 hours things will calm down a little. If you have had problems signing up for a course please do try again at some point tomorrow, or contact us and we’ll take a note of your details to ensure that you don’t miss out on the discount. We can only extend the code if you have contacted us to explain that you’ve had difficulties before the end of the sale as detailed below. Thanks again for your patience and apologies again for the inconvenience.
Update: Thursday 2nd March, 22:00 GMT
As we have indicated on Facebook and Twitter, we have decided to extend the sale by 24 hours as a result of the problems with our server over the past 48 hours. The interest in the sale was much greater than we anticipated and our server didn’t quite cope with the unexpected traffic. For information we are currently going through the process of moving our site to a new server and this process will be complete within the next couple of weeks. Please see below for the revised end times of the sale. Once again we’d like to apologise to all our listeners for the inconvenience caused over the past couple of days, and thank you all for your patience.
Terms and Conditions
- Please note that the 29% reduction will be applied at checkout.
- The coupon code is limited to one use per customer. Please do not create a second account in order to use the coupon code twice: your accounts cannot be merged afterwards and multiple accounts will cause major problems for using iTunes to access the materials.
- EU customers should be aware that the prices quoted on our signup pages do not include VAT. If you use the coupon code easter then the 29% discount will be applied and then 20% VAT will be added to the total cost.
- The sale only applies to items purchased directly on the Radio Lingua website through our membership system and is not applicable to products currently available in the iBookstore or Kindle store.
- No refunds will be given on any materials purchased at full price during this time if the coupon codes have not been used.
- We are publicising this sale on Twitter, Facebook, through our members’ database by email and via our mailing list. If you do not receive this information via one of these channels within the period of the sale we cannot retrospectively apply the discount.
- [Information below updated as of Thursday, 22:00 GMT] Just to be absolutely clear, our “one-day” sale ends at:
2nd March 2012 – 15:59 / 1 minute to 4pm in San Francisco
2nd March 2012 - 16:59 / 1 minute to 5pm in Denver
2nd March 2012 - 17:59 / 1 minute to 6pm in Chicago
2nd March 2012 - 18:59 / 1 minute to 7pm in New York
2nd March 2012 - 20:59 / 1 minute to 9pm in Buenos Aires
2nd March 2012 - 23:59 / 1 minute to midnight in Glasgow
3rd March 2012 – 00:59 / 1 minute to 1am in Paris
3rd March 2012 - 01:59 / 1 minute to 2am in Cape Town
3rd March 2012 - 02:59 / 1 minute to 3am in Moscow
3rd March 2012 - 06:59 / 1 minute to 7am in Bangkok
3rd March 2012 - 07:59 / 1 minute to 8am in Beijing
3rd March 2012 - 08:59 / 1 minute to 9am in Tokyo
3rd March 2012 - 09:59 / 1 minute to 10am in Sydney